What Is an IV Drip Used For?
People used to automatically associate IV drip treatments with hospitals and patients in the past. But today, IV drips are a practice used by health-conscious people who enjoy getting their vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. IV drip therapy can even be used to deliver medication to help the body function properly.
IV stands for intravenous, so IV therapy channels fluids to the body through the blood vessels. It’s the fastest manner to deliver essential nutrients to the body, providing immediate hydration and vitamin absorption.
IV fluid drips usually involve a small tube called a catheter and some saline-based solution. The solution contains select vitamins and nutrients, depending on your personal needs. IV drips are appealing because they bypass your digestive tract and directly deliver these essential nutrients and fluids into your bloodstream.
Common issues people seek IV treatment therapy for include hangover relief, athletic performance recovery, immune system support, cold and flu relief, vitamin deficiencies, migraine and headache relief, nausea, and overall wellness enhancement.
How Does It Work?
IV drip therapy uses a catheter and a saline-based electrolyte solution with tailored vitamins and nutrients. The IV drip delivers nutrients and fluids directly into the bloodstream. There is no wait time, and the nutrients are instantly accessible to your body. IV drips, on average, take around 30 to 45 minutes a session. At Enhanced Wellness, we also offer a revolutionary Fast Vitamin IV that can be administered in under 2 minutes! We’ll ask you to complete a few forms and a quick health assessment before your infusion.
What Goes Into an IV?
IV drips can contain:
Every mixture will differ and be unique to the wellness patient’s needs. However, the most common ingredients in IVs are:
- Saline – saline is a saltwater solution and usually the most common IV fluid. Since sodium is a type of electrolyte, saline solutions are great remedies for dehydration and hangover.
- Vitamins – there are essential health benefits from vitamins and antioxidants. They can help increase our energy levels, strengthen our immune system, and more.
- Electrolytes – Electrolytes are essential elements and compounds that help hydrate our bodies. Some functions of electrolytes include regulating nerve and muscle performance in the body, lowering blood pressure, and more. Sodium, potassium, calcium, bicarbonate, magnesium, chloride, and phosphate are all electrolytes that our bodies need.
- Additional ingredients that you can opt to add to your custom IV drip include vitamin B complex, vitamin C, glutathione, zinc, and magnesium.
How Long Does IV Drip Therapy Last?
Wellness patients receive amino acids, vitamins, and minerals at a controlled rate through an IV drip. It’s usually a simple process that is relatively quick. The duration of your IV drip therapy will depend on the nature of your therapy. Average IV treatments typically last 45 minutes to an hour, but we also have a rapid vitamin push (Fast Vitamin IV) that can be done in under 2 minutes. Our vitamin push uses cutting edge technology to bring you one of the fastest IV drips ever. You may feel the effects almost immediately, or it may take a little longer for others. The benefits of IV drip therapy can last up to a few days after receiving. Many people who set up routine IV drip therapy receive treatment on a weekly or monthly basis.
What Are the Benefits of IV Therapy?
There are many beneficial reasons for different people to use IV drip therapy. Two main reasons why more and more people choose it include convenience and health benefits. Other factors that make IV drip therapy a great option are:
- the ability to customize the solution or IV drip to suit your personal needs
- the immediate effects
- and bioavailability.
Fast Vitamin Push
Easy and Convenient
When you’re sick, the last thing you probably want to do is go to the hospital and wait or wait in a doctor’s office. Luckily, IV therapy can prove helpful for many common symptoms that we face in everyday life. It’s also a fast, easy, and convenient option. The procedure is not complicated and pretty straightforward. After a tiny pinch that causes minimal discomfort, you can let the IV drip do its job while you relax, read, or even work on your device. If you’re really in a time crunch, we also offer a vitamin push that takes only 60-90 seconds to administer. Call us now for more information about our Fast Vitamin IV.
Health and Wellness
IV drip therapy can also help boost immune functioning and promote health and wellness. The infusion of vitamins and minerals can help keep your immune functions in top condition and support healthy skin, as well as keep you hydrated. Since our solutions are formulated specifically for optimal hydration and delivered straight to the bloodstream, IV drip solution is better than drinking water.
Through IV drip therapy, your body can receive nutrients directly into the bloodstream. This will bypass the digestive system, which would generally dilute the vitamin levels your body absorbs. Drip hydration is instant nutrient gratification for your body. Your body can absorb 100% of what it needs before everything else gets passed along to your kidneys to be flushed out. Some of the known benefits of IV drip therapy include:
- Faster weight loss
- Curing or diminishing hangover symptoms
- Balancing nutrient deficiencies
- Cleansing your body of toxins and free radicals
- Increased energy
- Improved cardiovascular health
- Easing anxiety
- Aiding in relaxation
Is IV Therapy Safe?
IV therapy is very safe. Side effects are virtually non-existent or mild. Occasional discomfort or redness around the injection site is possible and should only last at most a few minutes to several days. True allergic reactions are infrequent.
Enhanced Wellness IV Drip Therapy Services
If you are ready to fuel your life and do more of what you love, IV drop therapy may be the right place to start. Our saline infusions with essential vitamins, nutrients, minerals, and amino acids are a recipe for vitality and restoration. Take the opportunity to further your wellness by delivering nutrients to your mind and body. The vital ingredients in IV drip can help:
- replenish vital nutrients the body needs
- hydrate and cleanse your body
- boost your body’s natural defense systems
- lose weight and manage a healthy weight
- support healthy joint and muscle performance
- optimize athletic performance
- re-center your focus and gain mental clarity
- rejuvenate your skin and restore your glow
All in under an hour! If you don’t have an hour, we offer a rapid vitamin push (Fast Vitamin IV) that takes only 60-90 seconds. The best investment you can make is in yourself and your health. Call us today to book your appointment.